Keep Your Kids Out of Therapy
The things you say to your children are taken to heart. It's important to choose your words wisely when speaking to your children. Whatever you say to them, they believe to be true. If you are always saying negative, derogatory things to them they will actually do them more. What you say to your child becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you tell your child they are no good, they will believe you and become that way. Don't be cruel or condescending. What parent's say to their children is more important to them than what any other person says to them. Be sure to always give them inspiration and build up their self-confidence. It is much easier to build someone's confidence when they are young. If a child grows up believing they are no good, they will take that into adulthood with them. If you truly want your child to succeed in life, choose your words wisely. Every child deserves to have high self-esteem.
Here are 50 things that parents are guilty of saying to their children that you mustn't ever say to them.
1. Why can't you be like your sister/brother, neighbor kids?
2. Don't act like an idiot.
3. Don't be so mean.
4. If you keep acting like that, you're never going to amount to anything.
5. Comb your hair you look like a rag muffin.
6. What will the neighbors think?
7. Don't speak unless you are spoken to.
8. Don't worry honey; you'll grow into your looks.
9. Your sister/brother can do this. Why can't you?
10. What makes you think you're capable of doing that?
11. If you can't do it right, just leave it alone.
12. Why do you have to be so inconsiderate?
13. Don't eat like a pig. Close your mouth.
14. Why do you keep doing that?
15. If your head wasn't attached to your neck it would fall off.
16. Oh just give it up. You can't do it anyway.
17. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
18. With friends like you, who needs enemies?
19. Why don't you just shut up?
20. Just keep your thoughts to yourself. No one cares what you think anyway.
21. Don't eat that. You're already looking chunky.
22. Stop acting so childish.
23. Sit down and shut up.
24. Why don't you act like a proper lady/gentleman?
25. What's wrong with you?
26. Do you ever stop and think before you open your mouth?
27. I give up on you.
28. Why do you keep doing the same stupid things over and over?
29. Go change your clothes right now. You look like a tramp.
30. If I wanted your opinion, I would give it to you.
31. If you're going to act like a baby, I will treat you like a baby.
32. You look so stupid when you do that.
33. Why don't you take better care of yourself? You always look like such a slob.
34. You are so annoying.
36. Why do you keep talking when nobody cares what you have to say?
37. Be quiet. I am on the phone.
38. You need to learn to pay attention.
39. Do as I say, not as I do.
40. Children are meant to be seen, not heard.
41. You look ugly when you do that.
42. If you keep making that face, it will stick like that.
43. I can't stand you.
44. I wish you would just get out of my life.
45. I wish you had never been born.
46. Don't you ever learn?
47. If you had any brains, you would stop acting so stupid.
48. Quit being so selfish.
49. Why don't you just learn to keep your mouth shut?
50. You're a mess.
As you can see by this list, if any of these things were said to you it would hurt feelings. So you can just imagine how much it hurts your child's feelings. The more your child hears negative hurtful comments from you, to lower their self-esteem becomes.
Read "50 Things to Say to Your Children and Yourself to Build Self-Esteem" and start building your child's self-esteem today!
for Kids Ages 7 - 107
Are you creative and love to invent. And always come up with cool things to present? Do you sometimes feel your imagination fails and you get frustrated with the little details? Read this little book every morning and night and soon your creativity will be inspired and bright. It will help get those creative juices flowing and help you to really get going. Because you are creative and have an imagination that is first-rate, you'll come up with ideas that will captivate. The more you create the better you'll feel you may even feel like doing a cartwheel. This little book will get your mind activated, and it includes a cute little character that will keep your creativity elevated.
Are you ready to start each day feeling happy and joyful? Before you get out of bed, take five minutes to read this book out loud or to yourself. If you start your day out saying I'm joyful and glad, and do not allow yourself to feel worried or sad. Each new day will be a fresh new start; you'll be happy and joyful and feel warmth in your heart. The world around you will seem more accepting and you'll feel content. Because before you got out of bed, your time was well spent. This fun little book is filled with positive affirmations about being happy, joyful and upbeat. And it includes a cute character that is joyful and sweet.
If you find yourself having a hard time sticking things out, this positive little book can help you no doubt. Before you get out of bed, take a few minutes to read it out loud or to yourself. Don't just let it sit on the shelf. Keep it close by to read throughout the day. It will help you get motivated to start your day the right way, you know if your persistent things will work out great. You'll get the things done you want to create. You know that persistence will help you succeed, and this little book is a quick little read. It will help you along and keep things going. And help get some great ideas to start flowing. This fun little book is filled with positive affirmations about being persistent and strong and includes a cute little character that will not steer you wrong.