Keep Your Kids Out of Therapy
The things you say to your children are taken to heart. It's important to choose your words wisely when speaking to your children. Whatever you say to them, they believe to be true. If you are always saying negative, derogatory things to them they will actually do them more. What you say to your child becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you tell your child they are no good, they will believe you and become that way. Don't be cruel or condescending. What parent's say to their children is more important to them than what any other person says to them. Be sure to always give them inspiration and build up their self-confidence. It is much easier to build someone's confidence when they are young. If a child grows up believing they are no good, they will take that into adulthood with them. If you truly want your child to succeed in life, choose your words wisely. Every child deserves to have high self-esteem.
Here are 50 things that parents are guilty of saying to their children that you mustn't ever say to them.
1. Why can't you be like your sister/brother, neighbor kids?
2. Don't act like an idiot.
3. Don't be so mean.
4. If you keep acting like that, you're never going to amount to anything.
5. Comb your hair you look like a rag muffin.
6. What will the neighbors think?
7. Don't speak unless you are spoken to.
8. Don't worry honey; you'll grow into your looks.
9. Your sister/brother can do this. Why can't you?
10. What makes you think you're capable of doing that?
11. If you can't do it right, just leave it alone.
12. Why do you have to be so inconsiderate?
13. Don't eat like a pig. Close your mouth.
14. Why do you keep doing that?
15. If your head wasn't attached to your neck it would fall off.
16. Oh just give it up. You can't do it anyway.
17. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
18. With friends like you, who needs enemies?
19. Why don't you just shut up?
20. Just keep your thoughts to yourself. No one cares what you think anyway.
21. Don't eat that. You're already looking chunky.
22. Stop acting so childish.
23. Sit down and shut up.
24. Why don't you act like a proper lady/gentleman?
25. What's wrong with you?
26. Do you ever stop and think before you open your mouth?
27. I give up on you.
28. Why do you keep doing the same stupid things over and over?
29. Go change your clothes right now. You look like a tramp.
30. If I wanted your opinion, I would give it to you.
31. If you're going to act like a baby, I will treat you like a baby.
32. You look so stupid when you do that.
33. Why don't you take better care of yourself? You always look like such a slob.
34. You are so annoying.
36. Why do you keep talking when nobody cares what you have to say?
37. Be quiet. I am on the phone.
38. You need to learn to pay attention.
39. Do as I say, not as I do.
40. Children are meant to be seen, not heard.
41. You look ugly when you do that.
42. If you keep making that face, it will stick like that.
43. I can't stand you.
44. I wish you would just get out of my life.
45. I wish you had never been born.
46. Don't you ever learn?
47. If you had any brains, you would stop acting so stupid.
48. Quit being so selfish.
49. Why don't you just learn to keep your mouth shut?
50. You're a mess.
As you can see by this list, if any of these things were said to you it would hurt feelings. So you can just imagine how much it hurts your child's feelings. The more your child hears negative hurtful comments from you, to lower their self-esteem becomes.
Read "50 Things to Say to Your Children and Yourself to Build Self-Esteem" and start building your child's self-esteem today!
for Kids and Adults of all Ages
These positive little books will help lighten your day and get it started out the right way. Whenever you are feeling sad or blue, take out your book and it will help you get through. You'll feel motivated to get things done, and you can take it with you when you’re on the run.
Are you creative and love to invent, and you always come up with cool things to present? Do you sometimes feel like your imagination fails and you get frustrated with little details? Read this fun little book every morning and night and soon your creativity will be inspired and bright. The more you create the better you'll feel, you may even feel like doing a cart wheel.
Each day before you get out of bed, take a few minutes to read this little book. Start your day out saying I am joyful and glad, and don't allow yourself to feel worried or sad. Each day is a fresh new start, to be happy and joyful and feel warmth in your heart. The world around you will seem more excepting and you'll feel content, because before you got out of bed your time was well spent.
You know if your persistent things will work out great, you will get the things done you want to create. You know that persistence will help you succeed, and this little book is a quick little read. It will help you along and keep things going, and help get some great ideas to start flowing. This fun little book is filled with positive affirmations about being persistent and strong and includes a cute little character that will not steer you wrong.